Abortion Pill Walk In Clinic | Medical Abortion Pill Procedure Infos.serge
womenscenter.com -”where quality care is tradition”.
Abortion Pill Walk In Clinic | Medical Abortion Pill Procedure Infos.
There are many Abortion Pill Clinic Offices that allow patients to walk in for a medical abortion pill procedure.
Abortions can be performed prior to missing their first menses using the abortion pill process.
Having an unintended pregnancy is an emergency for many women. Due to numerous reasons and circumstances, there may not be time to make an appointment the following day or further in the future.
Women make the decision to terminate their pregnancy the same day for multiple reasons. These include the following:
- Being too young or teenager
- Maternal health issues
- Fetal abnormality (genetic, structural)
- Rape or incest
- Poverty and Economic Issues
- Bad relationship
- Just started a new job or gone back to school
- Wants more children but need to delay
It certainly can be a matter of life or death that a woman needs to walk in to a clinic and have a Abortion Pill Procedure done.
Why Should Patients Have A Medical Abortion As Early In Pregnancy As Possible?
A early pregnancy is defined as an abortion being performed 5 weeks or less.
Early abortions are associated with the following:
- success rate of the abortion is higher
- the dosage of the medication required to terminate a pregnancy is less
- bleeding and lower abdominal pain are minimal
- lower incidence of ectopic pregnancy compared to normal population. 0.5 to 1 out of 100 pregnancies should be ectopic. A medical study that had 4000 patients had no ectopic pregnancies in patients who received abortion pill in pregnancies 4 weeks or less
What Is The Abortion Pill Process That Is Used In The Walk In Abortion Clinic?
The Abortion Pill Process is the combination of taking two pills:
- Mifepristone (RU 486, Mifegyne, Mifeprex, French Pill) – It works by blocking the hormone Progesterone. It is responsible for maintaining and growth of the pregnancy. Low Progesterone causes separation of the pregnancy from the Uterine wall.
- Misoprostol (Cytotec) – It is a Prostaglandin that causes Uterine contractions and vaginal bleeding and the fetus being expelled.
Where To Find An Abortion Pill Walk In Clinic?
A online search for the keyword “abortion pill clinic” may be done and once a medical facility is found, one may contact the Abortion Pill Clinic to determine if they are offering same day services or able to walk in.
Abortion Pill Effects On Body
The Mifepristone tablet is given to Patient’s in the Abortion Pill Walk In Clinic who meet the qualifications to undergo the medical abortion process.
Mifepristone is not available for purchase at Pharmacies (Walgreens, Walmart, CVS etc) or over 98% of hospitals.
The Effects of Mifepristone on the body may consist of headache, nausea, vomiting, lower abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding.
The Misoprostol tablet may be taken at the same time as Mifepristone or, 6, 12, 24, 36 or 48 hours or even longer.
The most common effects of Misoprostol on the body are headaches, nausea, vomiting, chills, shivering, lower abdominal pain, diarrhea and vaginal bleeding.
The effects of Misoprostol on the body that may need medical evaluation are the following:
- Incomplete Abortion- pregnancy tissue does not completely pass. Symptoms include continuous lower abdominal pain and cramps, vaginal bleeding, uterine tenderness
- Heavy vaginal bleeding – using more than 2 hours for 2 hours in a row.
- Temperature greater than 100.4 for more than 24 hours and not relieved by taking antipyretics (Tylenol, Motrin, Advil, etc)
- Severe pain that prevents routine activities and not alleviated by over-the-counter pain medication
- Foul smelling vaginal discharge
How Long Does It Take For The Pregnancy Tissue To Pass When Undergoing The Abortion Pill Process?
Cramping and vaginal bleeding may begin within 15mins to an hour after taking the Misoprostol tablets. More than 50 percent of patients pass the fetal tissue within 3 to 4 hours.
There is near a 100% success rate for women who undergo the Abortion Pill process who are 6 weeks or less pregnant.
The success rate of the abortion pill process between 7 to 10 weeks is 94 to 99%
Abortion Pill Didn’t Work
There is less than a 1% chance of taking the Abortion Pill and the woman experiencing no bleeding or having an incomplete abortion..
For women who have no bleeding, ectopic pregnancy must be ruled out.
There are women that experience only mild vaginal spotting to having heavy vaginal bleeding that range from the abortion being completed to the pregnancy not terminating and still viable.
Indications that the abortion process was successful is the return of a normal appetite, nausea and vomiting resolve, vaginal bleeding and abdominal cramping resolve on the average of 8 to 10 days.
Abortion Pill Follow-Up Visit
A follow-up visit is scheduled 3 to 4 weeks after taking the Misoprostol tablets for a pregnancy test and Sonogram (Ultrasound)
to assure the Abortion Pill Process is complete.
If there is evidence of retained pregnancy tissue in the Uterus and depending on her symptoms, there may be several options discussed:
- Repeat Misoprostol dosage
- Elect to have a surgical suction curettage
Women who decide on observation or repeating the Misoprostol dosage is scheduled to return to the medical facility in 2 to 4 weeks.
Abortion Pill Birth Defects
If the pregnancy is found to be in-tact and viable, Misoprostol tablets may be given or a in-clinic suction dilation and curettage is performed.
Misoprostol has been noted to cause limb and facial deformities of the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy. This is seemingly due to blood flow to those areas.
Breastfeeding and the Abortion Pill:
Breastfeeding is not a contraindication to undergoing the Abortion Pill Process.
Misoprostol does pass into breast milk and in a small percentage of infants cause diarrhea. It is recommended to withhold breastfeeding for 12 to 24 hours after taking the last Misoprostol tablets.
Birth Control And Abortion Pill Process
Ovulation may occur as early as 5 days after the abortion process is complete. Sperm are able to live 5 days after having intercourse.
Starting some form of birth control immediately after the Abortion Procedure is highly suggested. A prescription for birth control pills should be given to all women who request them and have no contraindications.
Another option for birth control is to have Emergency Contraception available at all times to prevent an unintended pregnancy.
Emergency Contraception (Morning After Pill) delays or prevents ovulation.
The most common Emergency Contraceptive Pill in the US is Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg. A prescription is not required and can be purchased at many Pharmacies under the Plan B name.
The Morning After Pill is most effective in preventing pregnancy immediately after the unprotected event.
Condoms should be used to prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s).
There are women that want or need to terminate their pregnancy as soon as it is discovered. The reasons for this are numerous.
The need for a woman to have access to terminate her pregnancy immediately, may be critical.
It is for this reason, that that women should be able to walk in to a Abortion Pill Clinic Facility for termination of pregnancy at a moments notice.
The earlier in pregnancy the abortion pill process.is performed, the lower the maternal morbidity, complications and side effects.
Please contact the nearest Abortion Pill Clinic and ask if they will allow same day visits or walk ins to undergo a termination of pregnancy.