Pre-Operative Instructions For All Patients
- Dress comfortably in a loose fitting, two piece outfit.
- Wear socks and bring a sweater or lightweight jacket if you chill easily in air conditioning.
- Patients and their escorts MUST provide a valid government issued, photo ID, such as a driver’s license in order to enter the building. Please bring no more than one person with you.
- For the security of our patients and staff members – Purses, backpacks or bags of any kind are not permitted in the building.
- We cannot be responsible for the loss or theft of any personal items. Please do not bring any valuables into the clinic.
- You may shower or bathe the morning of your appointment.
- Please bring at least two of your own extra-absorbent feminine pads. No tampons.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of service. We accept cash, money orders, major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover), Western Union or Bank Wire. If someone will be paying for your services using a credit card, they 1) may be persent at the time payment is made or, 2) authorize payment on the telephone (a signed credit card form and a copy of government isued ID must be included. We cannot accept a personal check.
- Out of consideration to our patients – Small children are not permitted in the office.
- Unless you have arranged for our Exclusive Treatment Service, please plan on being with us approximately 3 to 6 hours. Our Exclusive Treatment Service allows patients to be in and out of the office generally within 60 to 90 minutes or less. We encourage you to inquire about this service if you have not already done so.
For Surgical Patients
- Do not use aspirin, aspirin products, narcotics or street drugs for 48 hours prior to your appointment time.
- Wear regular underwear (no thongs or t-backs)
- Do not eat or drink anything 2 (two) hours prior to your appointment time. If appointment is at 8:00 am, you may eat up until 6:00 am. Patients may drink clear liquids up to the time of their appointment and water only after arrival to the office. If earlier than 6 (six) weeks and not having IV sedation, you may eat and drink up to the time of your appointment.
- If you are having our Regular or Deep IV Sedation, you MUST have someone to drive you home.
- If complete privacy is a priority, you may want to consider our new Advanced IV Sedation as noted below. A driver is NOT required. To find out more regarding the new, safe and pain-free sedation method please click here.
For Non-Surgical (RU486 Abortion By Pill) Patients
See only instructions at the top of the page
There are no restrictions
Please do not forget to bring an additonal $15 (normally $75.00) for an Emergency Contraception Kit which can reduce the chance of becoming pregnant by 95% after an episode of unprotected sex. Patients may become pregnant as soon as 6 days after a termination of pregnancy.
If you are having a surgical procedure and wish to have the utmost in privacy, please consider our Advanced IV Sedation where you do not need a driver or escort. The medications are in and out of the body within 10 to 15 minutes with no residual side effects. You may drive yourself. The cost is an additional $25.00.
If you have any questions, please contact your nearest office location. For complete information about all of our services – We encourage you to visit our website at www.womenscenter.com.
Have a Question? Someone is available to answer your sexual health related question by
e-mail 24 hours 7 days a week at firstname.lastname@example.org